- Something that warrants serious consideration: his study certainly provides food for thoughtMore example sentences
mental stimulation, mental nourishment, something to think about, something to be seriously considered
- Although she had been quickly brought back, the incident would nonetheless provide some food for thought.
- And this recent Reason magazine editorial provides ample food for thought about Raed.
- And it provides plenty of food for thought for those writers who are wondering what it is that holds readers to the page.
More definitions of food for thoughtDefinition of food for thought in:
- The US English dictionary