- The state of being without reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food: more than 800 million people live every day with hunger or food insecurity as their constant companionMore example sentences
- More aid is crucial to address the severe state of food insecurity in the country.
- The organisation's annual report on the state of food insecurity said that people suffering from hunger were doing so for a number of reasons.
- With regard to hunger, the study found that one in every four households in the country experienced hunger and food insecurity, with rural areas being much more harshly affected than urban areas.
More definitions of food insecurityDefinition of food insecurity in:
- The US English dictionary