- A mile over which a food item is transported during the journey from producer to consumer, as a unit of measurement of the fuel used to transport it.More example sentences
- I know we are told that 50 per cent of the road haulage miles are food miles.
- Whatever the argument about food miles, Ruth's products do come direct from the farm it just so happens that the farm is in Greece.
- Approximately half of the road miles which they accumulate are food miles.
More definitions of food mileDefinition of food mile in:
- The US English dictionary