- Illness caused by bacteria or other toxins in food, typically with vomiting and diarrhoea: I had a very bad case of food poisoning salmonella food poisoning [as modifier]: food poisoning outbreaksMore example sentences
- Gastroenteritis may be caused by food poisoning, or by infection with a bacteria or virus.
- Most food poisoning is caused by bacteria that multiply rapidly.
- Some types of normal intestinal bacteria can cause food poisoning.
More definitions of food poisoningDefinition of food poisoning in:
- The US English dictionary