noun[mass noun] chiefly North American
- A tabletop version of soccer in which players turn rods fixed on top of a playing box and attached to miniature figures of players, in order to flick the ball and strike it toward the goal.More example sentences
- But it didn't take many years of experience to realize that glibness is a minor talent, like being good at video games or foosball.
- Throughout the evening, we watched and laughed along as the kids played H-O-R-S-E, pinball, foosball and pingpong.
- The new and expanded break room included an air hockey table, and foosball and ping-pong tables.
1960s: from German Fussball 'football'.
More definitions of foosballDefinition of foosball in:
- The US English dictionary