- (In tennis, squash, and similar games) an infringement of the rules made by overstepping the baseline when serving.More example sentences
- Hewitt serves his second double fault of the match and is then called for a foot fault to give Federer a set point.
- Williams admitted to being a little rusty, which showed in several double faults and foot faults.
- He famously mooned a referee, threw a shoe at a baseline judge who kept calling foot faults and changed both his shirt and his shorts on court during a match.
verbBack to top
- 1.1 [with object] Award a foot fault against (a player).More example sentences
- On his way to the US Open final he caused uproar when he yelled at a black linesmen who had foot-faulted him.
- Given this resort's status as a celebrity magnet, you may fear being foot-faulted if you're not wearing Jimmy Choos on court.
More definitions of foot faultDefinition of foot fault in:
- The US English dictionary