- 1Infantrymen with a specific guarding role.More example sentences
- When they visited bombed areas they were booed, and regiments of foot guards had to be deployed in London's east end to keep order.
- Comprised of all the different regiments of foot guards, its soldiers were tall, smart and well disciplined.
- The foot guards now opened fire with live ammunition.
- 1.1 (Foot Guards) (In the British army) the regiments of the Brigade of Guards: the Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots, Irish, and Welsh Guards.More example sentences
- Subsequently the other regiments of British Foot Guards also adopted the bearskin cap.
- It is believed that other infantry units such as the Foot Guards and the Parachute Regiment could also face cuts.
- The Grenadier Guards were formed in 1656 as The First Regiment of Foot Guards.