- 1A rope to which the lower edge of a sail is sewn.More example sentences
- Swing Ropes are constructed from Natural Fibre and foot ropes are usually ferrule pressed Wire Rope.
- 2A rope below a yard on which a sailor can stand while furling or reefing a sail.More example sentences
- Ratlines are the little ropes that form the steps or foot ropes that run crosswise between the shrouds.
- He showed me what I could step on to get to the foot ropes, and then we were on the yard.
- Some experienced seamen even ran along the tops of the yards, dropping onto the foot ropes when they reached their station!
More definitions of foot ropeDefinition of foot rope in:
- The US English dictionary