- 1.1A kick of a football performed with a specified foot: he hammered a low left-footer past the keeperMore example sentences
- Frandsen skims the angle with a scorching right footer after a determined run.
- This time they turned to hooker Slattery and he nonchalantly slotted a left footer through the posts from the 22 metre line.
- 2 variant of footy.
- 3A line or block of text appearing at the foot of each page of a book or document. Compare with header ( sense 4).More example sentences
- Once you're authenticated, you can use the special menu items that appear in the footer of every page to make the configuration changes you desire.
- I added a ‘Sitemap’ link to all page footers, upgraded the noframes entrance to something slightly more useful and wondered whether it was enough.
- Menu bars use either graphics or text links while footers almost exclusively use text links.
verb[no object] Scottish
- Fiddle about: he nodded and started to footer with his watchMore example sentences
- Give this girl a gimmick, leave her to fiddle and footer about with it into the wee small hours and, in no time, she's smitten.
- In the meantime, fiddling and footering is about the best he can do.
- This opportunity is staring us in the face and we are all footering around.
mid 18th century: variant of obsolete foutre 'valueless thing, contemptible person', from Old French.