noun(usually the footlights)
- A row of spotlights along the front of a stage at the level of the actors' feet.More example sentences
- Australians have created over 700 original musicals, though few of them see the light of day, let alone the footlights of Her Majesty's.
- In the cavernous stage of the Richmond Theatre all the nuances of the performance, if any, were lost in the attempt to get the material across the footlights effectively.
- Suffice it to say they are excellently put across the footlights.
More definitions of footlightsDefinition of footlights in:
- The US English dictionary