(also footie or footer /-tə/)
- 1 informal term for football ( sense 1).More example sentences
- Just back from playing footy for what must have been the first time in around a year - and boy do I feel it.
- Boys will be boys and given half a chance they would much rather be playing footy than tennis.
- They may have beaten us at footy but they can't even make a peach flavoured boiled sweet.
- 1.1Australian /NZ informal term for rugby or Australian Rules.More example sentences
- Now if you're into sports like cricket, tennis, footy or athletics, then there's plenty of news and information available to you in newspapers and on television and radio.
- Now in going to the footie, it reminds me of all those wonderful family experiences in growing up, because I can't remember a time before football.
- I just wanted to go into the game with a clear mind and focus on my footy, not worrying about what the press had written about me.
More definitions of footyDefinition of footy in:
- The US English dictionary