(also footie or footerˈfʊtə)
Definition of footy in English:
1British Informal term for football (sense 1).
- Just back from playing footy for what must have been the first time in around a year - and boy do I feel it.
- Boys will be boys and given half a chance they would much rather be playing footy than tennis.
- They may have beaten us at footy but they can't even make a peach flavoured boiled sweet.
1.1Australian /NZ informal term for rugby or Australian Rules.
- Now if you're into sports like cricket, tennis, footy or athletics, then there's plenty of news and information available to you in newspapers and on television and radio.
- Now in going to the footie, it reminds me of all those wonderful family experiences in growing up, because I can't remember a time before football.
- I just wanted to go into the game with a clear mind and focus on my footy, not worrying about what the press had written about me.
Words that rhyme with footyputti, sooty, tutti
Definition of footy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.