adjective & adverb
- Non-standard spelling of forward, used to represent a nautical pronunciation: [as adjective]: a double berth for’ard and one aft [as adverb]: one gun mounted for’ard of the bridgeMore example sentences
- There is also some accommodation space, and the for'ard section features an enclosed section to protect sailors.
- At the limit of the 30m visibility, greater amberjack were shoaling around both for'ard sections.
- Here the passing of Brennan, Cashin, English Hayden and O'Brien in particular had both vision and accuracy, even if the occasional ball for'ard of the half-way line went astray.
More definitions of for'ardDefinition of for'ard in:
- The US English dictionary