Definition of force-feed in English:
1Force (a person or animal) to eat food.
- He would keep the upper one open sometimes; talking to me, watching me, force-feeding me bits of food.
- The mother made me literally force-feed him, shoving puréed food into his mouth as he cried piteously in feeble protest.
- But the cold-blooded insects were force-feeding him with the jail's evening meal - yuck!
1.1Impose or force (information or ideology) on someone: [with two objects]: those teaching our kids should not be force-feeding them political ideas
More example sentences
- By saturating the airwaves, candidates and news directors could force-feed information to all but the few Americans who eschewed TV altogether.
- I wanted them to have the opportunity to choose their own beliefs instead of being force-fed the most popular one.
- And it's all because of 10 years of force-feeding the public instead of giving them what they want.
Definition of force-feed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan