Definition of force-feed in English:
1Force (a person or animal) to eat food.
- He would keep the upper one open sometimes; talking to me, watching me, force-feeding me bits of food.
- The mother made me literally force-feed him, shoving puréed food into his mouth as he cried piteously in feeble protest.
- But the cold-blooded insects were force-feeding him with the jail's evening meal - yuck!
1.1Impose or force (information or ideology) on someone: [with two objects]: those teaching our kids should not be force-feeding them political ideas
More example sentences
- By saturating the airwaves, candidates and news directors could force-feed information to all but the few Americans who eschewed TV altogether.
- I wanted them to have the opportunity to choose their own beliefs instead of being force-fed the most popular one.
- And it's all because of 10 years of force-feeding the public instead of giving them what they want.
Definition of force-feed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.