Definition of forceful in English:
Strong and assertive; vigorous and powerful: she was a forceful personality
More example sentences
- Denied by the golden goal in 1996 they have re-emerged a stronger and more forceful unit.
- Not being the most assertive or forceful of people I take it all too personally and can get quite upset.
- The winds were strong and forceful, causing floods in most villages, but no one was hurt.
dynamic, energetic, assertive, authoritative, vigorous, powerful, potent, strong, strong-willed, pushing, driving, determined, insistent, commanding, bullish, dominant, domineering;
bold, confident, self-confident, self-assured, self-possessed, audacious, enterprising, competitive, go-ahead, zealous
- Example sentences
- Her political rise has rightly been a source of pride for many Britons of West Indian ancestry, and her combination of forcefulness and grace is proving a major advantage in the tricky negotiations inevitable in her new post.
- The art impresses with its vitality and forcefulness.
- Her songs are tough and earthy, hating mere prettiness when fieriness or forcefulness are required.
Pronunciation: /ˈfɔːsfʊlnəs/ /ˈfɔːsf(ə)lnəs/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.