- A mixture of meat or vegetables chopped and seasoned for use as a stuffing or garnish: pheasant sandwiched between a forcemeat of venison and wild boar [mass noun]: fill the terrine with layers of forcemeatMore example sentences
- Secondly, savoury mutton pies, usually filled with cutlets and forcemeat, or with caudles of eggs, or ragoos of oysters added after cooking, were also made.
- Charge three crowns a pound for forcemeat that costs five crowns to make.
- Not a pistachio in sight, unless they had been pulverised into the porridgey forcemeat around the chunks of chicken.
More definitions of forcemeatDefinition of forcemeat in:
- The US English dictionary