- A place in which the growth or development of something (especially plants) is artificially hastened: • figurative the army became a forcing house for national liberationMore example sentences
- Such a self-referential approach, however, has again proved a forcing house for structural wizardry, conjured by Arup magus Cecil Balmond.
- The unique demands of the Tour, especially the great climbs such as the Tourmalet, the Galibier and the Alpe d' Huez, were a forcing house for French heroes.
- West Berlin became a forcing house for new ideas about urban architecture and planning.
More definitions of forcing houseDefinition of forcing house in:
- The US English dictionary