- The outer vertical edge of the pages of a book: [as modifier]: fore-edge paintings had been put on books for centuriesMore example sentences
- Fore-edge paintings are watercolour decorations, painted on the ends of the pages of the fore-edge of a book.
- The edge of a book furthest from its back strip is the fore-edge and they can come uncut (pages that are stuck and need to be cut open) or untrimmed (the fore-edges of pages deliberately left uneven).
- For sometime now I've been delighting in hardback books with untrimmed fore-edges - making the book look and feel old; wonderful and priceless to the touch.
More definitions of fore-edgeDefinition of fore-edge in:
- The US English dictionary