- 1The front part of something, especially a ship: the ship was bow down, due to the fore-end being floodedMore example sentences
- The rooms at the forward end of B-deck were ventilated by windows while the passageways were ventilated by the windows at the fore-end.
- I came out on the quarter-deck and, going forward, I was met by the profound silence of the fore-end of the ship.
- On the main deck from forward: fish handling area with trawl winch at fore-end and a deckhouse.
- 1.1The front part of the stock of a gun, supporting the barrel: keep a strong grip on the fore-end of a pump shotgunMore example sentences
- With a true splinter fore-end, the shooter is cradling the barrels rather than the stock.
- One simple solution to fit for the hunter or casual shooter - if the stock seems too long, grasp the fore-end closer to the action.
- Put sand bags under stock's fore-end and under the pistol grip.