Definition of foreclose in English:
- A creditor holding a purchase money mortgage or deed of trust on residential property must foreclose on the property, and cannot recover any deficiency.
- They tried to blow her up, to burn her out, to foreclose on her mortgage.
- If you and I spend endlessly, the bank will eventually foreclose on the mortgage.
- You're going to see those things, with the mortgages being foreclosed, on the people who no longer have any income, whose stock options are worthless and whose salaries have just vanished, and whose companies have just gone.
- First, this argument ignores that default rates and foreclosure rates are far from the same, and it is only when loans are foreclosed that their default status becomes visible in data.
- Finally, the right to foreclose the mortgage - a right inherent in all mortgages - is available to the bank.
- Meyer notes that many choices have been foreclosed, but our course is far from determined.
- But then of course that would foreclose the usual irresponsible rhetoric about China emanating from the right wing of the GOP - not to mention their hatred of multilateralism.
- The court's ruling also does not foreclose the [FAA] from pursuing its administrative remedies against the airport.
Middle English: from Old French forclos, past participle of forclore, from for- 'out' (from Latin foras 'outside') + clore 'to close'. The original sense was 'bar from escaping', in late Middle English 'shut out', and 'bar from doing something' (sense 2), hence specifically 'bar someone from redeeming a mortgage' (sense 1, early 18th century).
- Example sentences
- The plaintiff is proceeding with a sale under a power of sale in a mortgage - not by way of foreclosure or judicial sale.
- All civil litigation is filed with the prothonotary, including unpaid debt, mortgage foreclosures and personal injury cases.
- A transaction for which land transfer tax is payable includes a final order of foreclosure under any mortgage or charge affecting land.
Definition of foreclose in:
- US English dictionary