- 1An open area in front of a large building or petrol station.More example sentences
- Both buildings are entered from a new forecourt and parking area on the west side of the site.
- A recess in the long face of the building forms a small forecourt with a mobile sculpture by artist Susumu Shingo.
- There is a petrol forecourt at the front and a retail unit at the rear.
- 2 Tennis The part of the court between the service line and the net.More example sentences
- To the front there is an expansive lawn with a tarmac tennis court as well as a forecourt.
- He is still not totally comfortable when moving into the forecourt and is rarely seen volleying.
More definitions of forecourtDefinition of forecourt in:
- The US English dictionary