Definition of foreign exchange in English:
1An institution or system for dealing in the currencies of other countries.
- It emerged yesterday that those responsible for making the wrong submissions to the Central Bank on foreign exchanges may not be named in the keenly awaited second report, for legal reasons.
- The euro has of course plunged in the foreign exchanges as financiers have backed America and the Pacific rim as most likely to weather the current economic uncertainty.
- The New York Stock Exchange's software programs for tracking illegal equity trading were marketed to foreign exchanges.
1.1 [mass noun] The currencies of other countries.
- The euro has made the management of foreign exchange much easier in the case of exporters and importers to and from the eurozone.
- This is because, as with fuel, more than 70 percent of power production costs are specified in foreign exchange.
- Of the six largest forms of international trade, only three are legal: the speculation in foreign exchange, the sale of oil and of coffee.
Definition of foreign exchange in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.