nounNorth American or Nautical
- The morning: the wind starts picking up in the forenoon [as modifier]: the forenoon watchMore example sentences
- Towards morning he became more quiet and in the forenoon, at eleven o'clock, he expired his last sigh.
- The greenish yellow marsh meadow locust prefers to sing on hot, quiet forenoons from moist ditches and grassy banks.
- Black in the glaring forenoon, a row of cypresses against the town wall seemed to promise safety.
More definitions of forenoonDefinition of forenoon in:
- The US English dictionary