1A person in charge of a forest or skilled in planting, managing, or caring for trees.
- Without trained foresters to mark the trees that should be cut, oversee the cutting, and develop plans to protect forests from fires and pilfering, sustained yield and preservation were impossible.
- Last week, our foresters and contractors planted 12,700 pine seedlings on land burned by the Blodgett Canyon Fire in 2000.
- In 1994, Global ReLeaf helped local foresters in central Minnesota plant 13,000 white pine seedlings.
3A small day-flying moth with metallic green forewings and a greenish-bronze body.
- Genus Adscita, family Zygaenidae: several species
- As the corn ripens and promises another fruitful harvest, so the foresters and their nymphs go off to consummate their love and, presumably, to eventually produce a harvest of their own.
5 (Forester) British A member of the Ancient Order of Foresters, a friendly society.
- David Green quotes from the rules of the Ancient Order Of Foresters.
- Barman Charlie Tutty, of the Foresters, said: ‘It's quite funny seeing them.’
- Last year 38-year-old Katrina Kent made her debut in the London Marathon and raised more than £1, 300 for The Foresters ' Fund for Children.
Words that rhyme with foresterchorister
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: for|est¦er
Definition of forester in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.