verb[with object] • literary
- Be a sign of (a future event): a shiver in the night air foretokening DecemberMore example sentences
- Actually this foretokened that the formal independence of the republic would also be nullified.
- The Next Big Things on the Internet aren't usually foretokened by business models or white papers, said Popkin.
- He is said to have eaten a toad as a child, an act foretokening a martial destiny.
More definitions of foretokenDefinition of foretoken in:
- The US English dictionary