- A platform around the head of the lower section of a sailing ship’s foremast.More example sentences
- Her foretop and funnel lie scattered by the impact of her fall which drove the breeches of her massive 15 in guns through the armoured turret tops.
- Together they stood in the foretops and conned the ship in through the seething maelstrom of the equatorial current.
- So, unaware of what they had missed, the voyagers arrived in Bermuda on the evening of April 4, 1873, sliding to anchor at Grassy Bay with the aid of a local pilot standing at the foretop and directing the four men at the wheel.
More definitions of foretopDefinition of foretop in:
- The US English dictionary