- The second section of a sailing ship’s foremast.More example sentences
- Her foretopmast had snapped in the middle-just as it had done on her first run two years before!
- The following morning the foretopmast was found to be chafed through, and in the afternoon the foretopsail was split.
- The Macedonian's mizzenmast was gone, her main and foretopmasts carried away, her main yard cut in two, and her ensign had disappeared.
More definitions of foretopmastDefinition of foretopmast in:
- The US English dictionary