- (also forklift truck) A vehicle with a pronged device in front for lifting and carrying heavy loads.More example sentences
- Company staff underwent approved Health & Safety forklift truck training, and employees were instructed not to lift anyone on a forklift truck.
- ‘When they arrived they found the patient had been freed by other people in the yard using a forklift truck to lift the other machine off,’ he said.
- He went off somewhere and came back with a forklift truck, lifted the Austin Metro that was on top and dumped it on the floor.
verb[with object and adverbial of place] Back to top
- Lift and carry (a load) with a forklift truck: he eyed the blocks of compacted garbage being forklifted on to a trailerMore example sentences
- The gaudy decorations are out, the over sized Yuletide props have been forklifted into position by underpaid migrant workers, and the same CD played at this time every year since 1989 can be heard tinkling through the mall.
- The scene is profoundly moving: children play-acting grown-ups, trying to create a makeshift sacrament and ritual in an industrial warehouse, where the coffin eventually gets forklifted away like freight.
- The store I bought them from at my request forklifted the whole pallet into my van to save my back.
More definitions of forkliftDefinition of forklift in:
- The US English dictionary