- Analysis of the Bible by tracing the history of its content of parables, psalms, and other literary forms.More example sentences
- Using the techniques of source criticism and form criticism, historical-critical scholarship analyzed biblical pericopes and looked through them to reconstruct the history of the traditions that lay behind the canonical documents.
- While Moloney does not reject source criticism, form criticism, redaction criticism, or textual criticism, they are subjected severely to his presentation of Mark's narrative.
- The author begins this provocative study by encouraging readers of the Psalms to move beyond formula theology and form criticism and reclaim the poetic roots of the entire theological enterprise.
More definitions of form criticismDefinition of form criticism in:
- The US English dictionary