- 1A mathematical factor which compensates for irregularity in the shape of an object, usually the ratio between its volume and that of a regular object of the same breadth and height.More example sentences
- If the particle form factors are known, an experimental average structure factor can be extracted by dividing the intensity by the average form factor.
- The theoretic Bessel function is characterized by an infinite number of oscillations and corresponds to the model form factor of infinitely long and thin hollow columns.
- In salt-containing and dilute solutions, the form factor can be directly deduced from measurements and the conformation adopted by the molecule clearly identified.
- 2The physical size and shape of a piece of computer hardware.More example sentences
- A standard form factor for graphics hardware would give a company like Dell or HP added flexibility in product offerings, at the cost of some inventory management overhead.
- Also, the small form factor allows them to be integrated into a laptop computer or other consumer electronic devices.
- What makes it more like a Treo (or the upcoming Blackberry 8300c) is its form factor including the compact QWERTY keyboard.
More definitions of form factorDefinition of form factor in:
- The US English dictionary