Definition of formalize in English:
1Give (something) legal or formal status: a year has elapsed since the marriage was formalized
More example sentences
- The civil union legislation exists because the Marriage Act as it was - the only basis to formalise the legal status of relationships - was vulnerable to human rights complaints.
- Besides formalizing the legal equality of women, such a ruling could help fortify the resolve of police who must invariably come to the women's aid and repel acts of aggression.
- In August, Pin and Pornsanong signed a memorandum formalizing the deal.
- Example sentences
- The formalisation of the agreement is a reflection of the quality of the service provided by TCM for our viewers.
- Subsequent disputes over the formalization of the settlement agreement may be resolved by common sense within the framework of the settlement or by application to the Court.
- My understanding was that the signing of the wording would be nothing more than the formalisation of the agreement that had been reached.
Definition of formalize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan