noun (plural formicaria)
- An ant’s nest, especially one in an artificial container for purposes of study.More example sentences
- So many folks have asked about my formicarium that my friend, Ray, has started making them for sale.
- The formicarium had been unused over two months so I put some water on the gel and added sugar and soya.
- The queen is in the formicarium now and seems quite busy exploring her new surroundings.
early 19th century: from medieval Latin, from Latin formica 'ant'.
More definitions of formicariumDefinition of formicarium in:
- The US English dictionary