Definition of Fortean in English:
Relating to or denoting paranormal phenomena: Fortean phenomena like spontaneous combustion
More example sentences
- Eclipse or no, we'll be back in seven days with more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet Earth, brought to you by ‘the paper that goes home - UFO Roundup.’
- We'll be back next week with more UFO, Fortean and paranormal news from around the planet Earth, brought to you by ‘the paper that goes home - UFO Roundup.’
- For instance, paranormal true believers frequently use false dichotomies in arguments about the validity of the anecdotal evidence offered to support claims of ghost sightings, alien visitations, and other Fortean phenomena.
- Forteana plural noun
- Example sentences
- In Forteana, the phenomenon in Benson would fall under the heading of phantom sniper rather than UFO encounter.
- The Fayette Factor is the strangest phenomenon yet in Forteana.
- This type of phenomenon is called a flow in Forteana.
1970s: from the name of Charles H. Fort (1874–1932), American student of paranormal phenomena.
Definition of Fortean in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.