noun (plural fortuities)
- 1A chance occurrence.More example sentences
- Through one of those fortuities that illumine the paths of even the dull-witted, I stumbled upon Henry George.
- The meeting of Baryshnikov and Judson was, it seems, a fortuity waiting to happen.
- Then identically situated litigants would receive different treatment based upon the fortuity of whether their case appeared before a state or federal judge.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The state of being controlled by chance.More example sentences
- Enjoy your last full week in an oasis of fortuity.
- In a later essay in 1980, I noted the major role of fortuity in civil rights gains and why those gains tended to be fleeting even when enunciated in terms of permanence.
- Heartz's study of fortuity is particularly intriguing.
More definitions of fortuityDefinition of fortuity in:
- The US English dictionary