Definition of fortune hunter in English:
A person who seeks to become rich through marrying someone wealthy.
- In Singapore, however, Emily realizes that she can't go away with her Englishman and Fred learns that his princess was merely a fortune-hunter.
- As for his worries about your being a fortune-hunter when there is no fortune, chalk that up to an artificial barrier he has thrown up.
- Instead, fearful of being branded a common fortune-hunter, she quickly told her prospective employer the truth instead.
fortune hunting noun
- Example sentences
- All the other Tichbornes regarded the newcomer as no more than a vulgar fortune-hunting fraud.
- Meanwhile, Tommy finally has his eyes opened both to Pat's fortune-hunting ways and Connie's down-home virtues.
- Montgomery Clift, as Catherine's fortune-hunting suitor, is wonderfully seductive and callow.
Definition of fortune hunter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.