Definition of fortune hunter in English:
A person who seeks to become rich through marrying someone wealthy.
- In Singapore, however, Emily realizes that she can't go away with her Englishman and Fred learns that his princess was merely a fortune-hunter.
- As for his worries about your being a fortune-hunter when there is no fortune, chalk that up to an artificial barrier he has thrown up.
- Instead, fearful of being branded a common fortune-hunter, she quickly told her prospective employer the truth instead.
fortune hunting noun
- Example sentences
- All the other Tichbornes regarded the newcomer as no more than a vulgar fortune-hunting fraud.
- Meanwhile, Tommy finally has his eyes opened both to Pat's fortune-hunting ways and Connie's down-home virtues.
- Montgomery Clift, as Catherine's fortune-hunting suitor, is wonderfully seductive and callow.
Definition of fortune hunter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan