- A natural fuel such as coal or gas, formed in the geological past from the remains of living organisms.More example sentences
- So burning coal or oil, which releases carbon from when the fossil fuel was formed, has a serious global warming effect.
- The second most prominent and naturally most abundant fossil fuel is coal.
- The surge in crude prices has prompted oil companies to boost exploration activities to discover more of the fossil fuel.
More definitions of fossil fuelDefinition of fossil fuel in:
- The US English dictionary