- Any of several short words referring to sexual or excretory functions, regarded as coarse or offensive: the four-letter words were cut out of the programmeMore example sentences
- It all comes down to an obscene four-letter word.
- However, Barbara is absolutely correct in summarizing the natural selection theories of Charles Darwin (whose name has become somewhat of a four-letter word in some circles) as inarguable.
- I uttered a four-letter word and continued thrashing along, sweating like a pig and gasping.
More definitions of four-letter wordDefinition of four-letter word in:
- The US English dictionary