(also four-poster bed)
- A bed with a post at each corner supporting a canopy.More example sentences
- Hang your coat in the handcrafted armoire before stretching out on the four-poster with feather bed and comforter.
- Face it: the four-poster or sleigh bed is a lot more inviting than the standard-issue metal frame with fake wood headboard that is found at many motels.
- I remind myself of this on each of the seven occasions I wake up, staring at the sprigged floral canopy of my four-poster bed, calculating how much longer I have to lie here.
More definitions of four-posterDefinition of four-poster in:
- The US English dictionary