Definition of fours in English:
1A race for four-oared rowing boats: they won the women’s Senior Fours at Limerick Regatta
More example sentences
- Pinsent guided Britain to first place in the coxless fours at the Athens games yesterday morning to claim his fourth Olympic gold medal.
- Stallard, the Cambridge President in 2002, was a World Championship gold medal-winner in the coxed fours in 2002 and took a world silver medal in the same boat last year.
2A competition for teams of four players, especially in bowls.
- Meanwhile Derbyshire's Darren Allsop has became the youngest ever English fours champion (ie, playing in a team of four).
- The teams joined for the fours competition and although tipped as the favourite, came in 5th from a very strong field.
- They will be finished this morning, along with the semi-finals of the fours.
Definition of fours in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan