- 1A race for four-oared rowing boats: they won the women’s Senior Fours at Limerick RegattaMore example sentences
- Pinsent guided Britain to first place in the coxless fours at the Athens games yesterday morning to claim his fourth Olympic gold medal.
- Stallard, the Cambridge President in 2002, was a World Championship gold medal-winner in the coxed fours in 2002 and took a world silver medal in the same boat last year.
- 2A competition for teams of four players, especially in bowls.More example sentences
- Meanwhile Derbyshire's Darren Allsop has became the youngest ever English fours champion (ie, playing in a team of four).
- The teams joined for the fours competition and although tipped as the favourite, came in 5th from a very strong field.
- They will be finished this morning, along with the semi-finals of the fours.
More definitions of foursDefinition of fours in:
- The US English dictionary