Definition of fourteen in English:
1Equivalent to the product of seven and two; one more than thirteen, or six less than twenty; 14: they had spent fourteen days in solitary confinement all fourteen of us were seated (Roman numeral: xiv or XIV)
More example sentences
- The Christmas tree, still on display, was nearly fourteen feet high and did not yet reach the ceiling.
- It's about thirteen or fourteen essays and some other stuff, seven or eight poems and a couple of plays.
- A lot could be written on the delight of setting foot on rock after fourteen weeks of snow and ice and nearly seven out of sight of all else.
1.2Fourteen years old: he left school at fourteen
More example sentences
- Born in 1921, into a family of nine, Jimmy started work at the age of fourteen with Waterford County Council.
- Sharon made her first trip stateside at the tender age of fourteen, as part of a group of traditional musicians from Dublin and Clare.
- She had emigrated from Germany to America at the age of fourteen.
Words that rhyme with fourteenAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, thirteen, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
Definition of fourteen in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.