- An acute and often fatal infectious disease of birds, especially poultry, caused by certain strains of influenza virus.More example sentences
- The fowl plague virus strain ‘Rostock’ has been grown in monolayer tissue cultures of macrophages.
- It is very similar to, for example, atypical fowl plague, also known as Newcastle disease.
- In Japan, avian influenza caused by subtypes H5 or H7 are considered to be fowl plague regardless of their pathogenity because there is the possibility of future mutation of the pathogenesis.
More definitions of fowl plagueDefinition of fowl plague in:
- The US English dictionary