Definition of fowling in English:
The hunting, shooting, or trapping of wildfowl.
- He was a man of many hobbies which included, hunting, fowling and both track and coursing.
- Low-intensity agricultural system based on fishing and fowling was replaced by a high-intensity system based on arable crops.
- Winslow continues: ‘Our harvest being gotten in, our Governor sent foure men on fowling; so that we might after a more speciall manner rejoyce together, after we had gathered the fruit of our labours.’
- Example sentences
- His earlier ancestors had prowled the delta marshes near Bubastis, and lived as hunters and fowlers for millennia.
- The very popular event attracts fowlers from all over the North Kerry area and it is always a night of fun and frolics.
- This year November 1st fell on a Tueday and most of the would be fowlers were at their work or behind their desks instead of roaming around the fields.
Words that rhyme with fowlingcowling
Definition of fowling in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan