- A terrier of a short-haired or wire-haired breed originally used for unearthing foxes.More example sentences
- He was judged against a flat-coated retriever, a giant schnauzer, an Old English sheepdog, a wire fox terrier, a saluki hound and Pekingese toy dog.
- My parents' dog is a wire-haired fox terrier about eight years old.
- This woman bought a dog in Mexico, and they told her it was a Chihuahua, but when she brought it home, she discovered that in reality it was a wire-haired fox terrier!
More definitions of fox terrierDefinition of fox terrier in:
- The US English dictionary