Delightful; joyous: ‘Oh frabjous day!’ she giggled
More example sentences
- Oh, frabjous day, calloo callay, she chortled in her joy.
- Oh, callooh, callay, and frabjous day, for this beautiful edition of Lewis Carroll's masterpiece of wordplay has come out in paperback.
- Amongst the range of styles - from collage to fine brush strokes and joyful splodges - there is something to please all ages including a group of frabjous beasts from Quentin Blake created for this exhibition.
- Example sentences
- So I saw a great movie, had a frabjously fantastic meal with friends, and then I browsed for books.
- But hey, it didn't matter, because we were all having a frabjously great time and arrived at the same crossroad in less than 3/4 time.
- And as I galumphed back home in the dark, I heard the sign chortle frabjously after me, ‘Jabberwock for President!’
1871: coined by Lewis Carroll in Through the Looking Glass, apparently to suggest fair and joyous.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: frab|jous
Definition of frabjous in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.