Definition of fragmentary in English:
Consisting of small disconnected or incomplete parts: excavations have revealed fragmentary remains of masonry
More example sentences
- And what utterly fascinated us was the incompleteness, the fragmentary quality of his writing.
- Having some experience of metal working, he recognised the fragmentary remains as crucibles and clay casting moulds.
- Excavations yielded the remains of at least six adults in the chambers, together with fragmentary remains of children.
- Example sentences
- These pieces amount to two anthems which survive complete, and some Anglican liturgical music which survives fragmentarily in Durham Cathedral Library and cannot be reconstructed.
- In the first place the elements of a simple past-tense narrative concerning Aristeas do not, even fragmentarily, run sequentially from the beginning to the end of the poem.
- Popular entertainment depicting disabled characters allude to these fears and prejudice or address them obliquely or fragmentarily, seeking to reassure ourselves.
Words that rhyme with fragmentarymammary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan