- Consisting of small disconnected or incomplete parts: excavations have revealed fragmentary remains of masonryMore example sentences
- And what utterly fascinated us was the incompleteness, the fragmentary quality of his writing.
- Having some experience of metal working, he recognised the fragmentary remains as crucibles and clay casting moulds.
- Excavations yielded the remains of at least six adults in the chambers, together with fragmentary remains of children.
- More example sentences
- These pieces amount to two anthems which survive complete, and some Anglican liturgical music which survives fragmentarily in Durham Cathedral Library and cannot be reconstructed.
- In the first place the elements of a simple past-tense narrative concerning Aristeas do not, even fragmentarily, run sequentially from the beginning to the end of the poem.
- Popular entertainment depicting disabled characters allude to these fears and prejudice or address them obliquely or fragmentarily, seeking to reassure ourselves.