(also fragmentation bomb)
- A grenade (or bomb) designed to break into small fragments as it explodes.More example sentences
- Historically, the most important hand grenade is the fragmentation grenade.
- Soldiers concentrated their weapons on the opening until the clearing team stacked outside it, pitched in a fragmentation grenade and rushed inside after the blast.
- It now appears, however, that, while on patrol, he had stepped on an unexploded fragmentation grenade dropped by US forces in the area the day before.
More definitions of fragmentation grenadeDefinition of fragmentation grenade in:
- The US English dictionary