Definition of fragrant in English:
Having a pleasant or sweet smell: she gathered the fragrant blooms
More example sentences
- As you walk by a fruit stand in the market the sweet, fragrant smell also indicates that the melons are ready to eat.
- The myriad of colours and the sweet, fragrant scent of the blooms overwhelmed the senses to the point of excess.
- He wished he could smell her fragrant perfume right there and then.
- Example sentences
- The lime chicken burger with Thai coconut sauce, peppers and tomato is fragrantly sublime and the Asian potato and chickpea burger with mango raita and tomato is a vegetarian's delight.
- Other oils, which will repel insect pests, although not as fragrantly pleasant, are eucalyptus and citronella.
- It tastes immediately as if it has been buried in a sandalwood box; fragrantly woody, earthy and fascinating.
Late Middle English: from French, or from Latin fragrant- 'smelling sweet', from the verb fragrare.
Words that rhyme with fragrantflagrant, vagrant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.