- another term for yaws.More example sentences
- There are several varieties of this disease, variously known as framboesia, pian, verrugas, and crab-yaws.
- The first lesion goes most of the time unnoticed and the typical cutaneous finding is a sore also called frambesia which is an itching, granulating and oozing ulcer with a thin scab at the top.
- Around the world, yaws is known by many different names, including pian, patek, parangi, buoba, frambesia tropica, granuloma tropicum and polypapilloma tropicum.
early 19th century: modern Latin, from French framboise 'raspberry', so named because of the red swellings caused by the disease, likened to raspberries.
More definitions of framboesiaDefinition of framboesia in:
- The US English dictionary