nounchiefly North American
- A house constructed from a wooden skeleton, typically covered with timber boards.More example sentences
- He inherited his mother's white frame house - the house in which he'd been raised - and the large double lot on which it sat but didn't want to live there.
- I stood on the empty highway, looking at the dense forest on either side, the dark blue alien sky, and the white frame house that was going to be my new home.
- The site of their new mission contained only a frame house that had not been occupied since its construction two years earlier.
More definitions of frame houseDefinition of frame house in:
- The US English dictionary