A large game bird resembling a partridge, with bare skin on the head or neck, found in Africa and southern Asia.
- Genus Francolinus, family Phasianidae: many species
More example sentences
- There are herons, ducks, geese, ospreys, eagles, vultures, pelicans, gulls, plovers, avocets, storks, francolins, guinea fowls and many more.
- This variety of habitats also holds many rare plants and birds, such as the giant lobelia and the forest francolin.
- Along with the common ringneck pheasant and chukar partridge, the rare ‘blue’ pheasant (listed as ‘green’ by the State Department of Fish and Game), black francolin, gray francolin, and both lace-necked and barred doves can be pursued.
Definition of francolin in:
- The US English dictionary