A person who is fond of or greatly admires France or the French: I’m a committed Francophile [as modifier]: ordinary aspects of Provençal life which Francophile Brits find so fascinating
More example sentences
- I remember working years ago with a challenging client who kept rejecting brochure designs for a Francophile real estate development because they ‘weren't French enough.’
- At their head was Winston Churchill, a lifelong Francophile with a deep admiration for French military prowess.
- For Francophiles looking for a big-picture look at French society, there are rich details to be had here about government, education, economics and the unique perspective of the French.
- Example sentences
- Today is Bastille Day - and that means our Francophilia is at an all time high.
- She didn't share her father's Francophilia.
- The next time we go, we will be accompanied by our now-14-month-old son, and we can't wait to share our Francophilia with him!
Definition of Francophile in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.